My Makeup Opinion.

WARNING: THIS PAGE CONTAINS EXCESS MAKEUP CONTENT!

Makeup YOUR mind

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

FO Yesterday.. "Vow to use oldies"

Yesterday I was going through my makeup dresser and I found some un-touched products (shocker!) So I decided I was going to work atleast two of these products into my look of the day. I need to vow to dip into my makeup dresser and use all the makeup I've been collecting for so long before it goes sour. So I vow to use oldies with the newbies from now on. The items I chose were a Lancome La Laque Fever- Optical Rose (a light pale pink, very glittery lip gloss) and a Bare Minerals eye shadow glimmer in flaunt (a burnt shimmery brown):

I know my head is tilted odd, but I kind of like this picture, and I'm guilty of the kissey face, as usual:
The eye look was very simple, a nude vanilla Sephora collection eye shadow base, and Bare Minerals Flaunt on half my lid. On the bottom lash line I used Dior 5 Color eye palette no.609, the deepest brown in the quad and smoked it out, and then to lighten it up I applied the violet from the Dior 609 palette. The waterline of my eyes are lined with Urban Decay Zero and the cat eye was done with MUFE Aqua Black liner:
Do you find yourself forgetting all the oldies in your makeup collection? I just buy more than I can use sometimes, is it just me? (I truly doubt it :)

Once again one of these products could be yours if you enter my contest ;)

xox Laura Beth

8 comments:

  1. I'm sooo guilty of that! I find makeup in the strangest places! I finally cleaned out my makeup drawer and actually threw out the makeup I had from Highschool (I graduated 10 years ago...). I guess that just shows what kind of makeup pack rat I really am!

    I love the color on your lips! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely look on you hun, i try and use my old stuff just to try & use it up but i like to wear so many different colours that i never seem to use anything up so just get a build up of more & more xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, I am guilty of it as well. That's why I am currently on a no buy. SO hard to do let me tell you. LOL Great post

    I love the color on your lips too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty look and I love your idea of surprise products in the giveaway every time I see a post I wonder which product will be in the giveaway , can't wait to see what you are giving and I hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. that is an amazing idea!!! and trust me, i dont think you're the only one buying more than you can use. i think every girl does that whether it is with makeup, purses, shoes, or all of the above! ;) haha anyways, love your idea of working the old products into your looks :) i think im going to try to do that.. although i have only started my makeup collection not too long ago, im sure theres products that need some extra love ;) hehe thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many products that I've used or swatched a couple of times, but never used again, so this is a great idea! I might try to incorporate 2 products into my look tomrrow that dont get a lot of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to put myself on a rotation sort of schedule to make myself use everything as much as possible. I tell myself to use something of almost every brand/type once a week and then do it the next week with different colours and I keep up with that each week. It doesn't always work because of getting new products or wanting to use the same thing over and over again for whatever reason. But I use more of almost everything I have a lot more than I used to. Although there are a few things I have that I don't use that should be either thrown away or given to someone who will use them.

    Anyway! You look great. I think you might be the best blogger with doing the kissy face. I think I look dumb when I do it and only do it jokingly like I did in this post:

    http://themoonmaiden-blix.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-sweet-husband-bought-me-ring.html

    Heh heh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we can do this girls! Let's give some love to the oldies!

    @ Blix: I'm going to have to get myself in a routine of looking though my makeup. I too fall into the repeat habit.

    @Silhouette: I know right, sometimes we get so excited to just share our new stuff, and than the infatuation just fades and we forget we have it lol.

    @Alvira: Thanks, I'm also glad you're excited for the contest. I can't wait to pick a winner.

    xox Laura Beth

    ReplyDelete

Some pictures may be downloaded from other sources. This blog is just my opinion. If you choose to use some of the products listed, use with caution.