My Makeup Opinion.

WARNING: THIS PAGE CONTAINS EXCESS MAKEUP CONTENT!

Makeup YOUR mind

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In with the old



Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong generation. I love the makeup fads of the 1940's and 50's. There was such a delicate beauty and a love for faux lashes. Women always had a touch up powder and lipstick for any occasion even just for a visit to the market. This is me, if I left my makeup purse at home my day would be so off. Once, no joke, I left my touch up powder at home so I went to Target with my boyfriend and purchased a temporary solution for the night. If my man had known my reasoning he defintely would have clamied me a nut, but I left out certain details for his ears alone.




When I think of 40's makeup I think of long lashes. I feel strip lashes were more popular back then. Plus 50's liner was so thick and the brows so full. I'm so glad I can be inspired by the past generations and apply them towards my look today. Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Talor and Doris Day. They are all timeless beauties. Lately I've been wearing more hair accesories like flowers, and loving the 40's hair styles.

To get that perfect liner every time, thin or thick, use a liner pen, they are easy to handle, it's like writing. Some pens are can dry up quickly so I suggest: Stila black liner pen or Smashbox pen. If you love using a cream liner product but find most dry out, try MUFE Aqua Black, this cream is heaven sent. You could leave it out over night and it will be fine. I love this liner so much! Apply it with an angled liner brush for a thin into thick line and for cat eye perfection.
When lining your lower lash line, the inside of the eye known as the waterline, use kohl pencils, these will not smudge and stay put through out the day. My choice: MUFE Kohl pencil.

For the perfect lashes see mt first post ever LaLaLashes for my favortie mascaras and faux lash choice.

I may have been born in the 80's but I'm defintely a 50's girl at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some pictures may be downloaded from other sources. This blog is just my opinion. If you choose to use some of the products listed, use with caution.